Thursday, January 17, 2013

Keep the Rubber-Side Down!

I look forward to writing every day and it's odd how doing so makes me feel better.  I remember as a kid that I threw out a diary I had started to keep because I knew my mother would find it and read it. Now, here I am writing down my thoughts for anyone to see and examine.  It was such a kick today to get a reply from a fellow blogger who also has Parkinson's.  We have a lot in common as far as our illness and our take on it.  It amuses me that our reaction to diagnosis was to get motorcycles.  When I found his site I also found comfort and inspiration.  I would be overjoyed if anyone were to find the same things here.

Me and my client, Linda on my Honda 750 Shadow 
A parkie driving a motorcycle doesn't sound like it would be a good thing but it's one of the best anti-depressants I've found. I'm a safe driver looking out for all of the road idiots everywhere.  I took the driving class at the local community college too.  I'm reliving some of the best times when I would get to ride on the back of my big brother's bike only this time it's better because I'm in control now.   So far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment